Friday, October 13, 2006

Quality time in the Emergency Room..

I got some alone time with my youngest son today.. it's hard finding time spend with all my kids individually, but my little one has found the perfect way to get me to himself for an afternoon.. It's called a trip to the Emergency room! That boy is sooo proned to accidents it's ridiculous! This will be the third time in his three years of life that someone in that ER has had to either glue or stitch his head shut! I'm starting to worry about brain damage at this point, jeez!
He was playing a game today after lunch, one that included him running, jumping onto a pillow on the floor and kind of launching himself off of it. The girls were both napping, and I was about to try to get a snooze in myself. That lasted about 10 seconds when I heard a thud, turned around to see his mouth wide open (about to scream) and blood dripping down his face. He had fallen face first into our entertainment center. I called his dad, then my mother in law. She came right over to watch one of the girls, and I took my son and the baby and headed to the hospital. My husband met me there, and took the baby home after we decided that having a 3 month old in the waiting room of an emergency room was stupid. Anyway, we were there a total of 4 hours, and my son was a trooper through the whole thing. They glued it this time (thank god) And he got to take home the coolest set of latex gloves blown up to look like a chicken ever! Thanks to his mom! He's now home, like nothing ever happened, racing around the house.. jumping off the furniture.. ugh.. it won't be the last visit we have with that one!

3 comments:

YouWho said...

I'm just curious, having no experience in the parenting realm -- why did you choose to take one baby to the ER and only leave one with your MIL?

Unknown said...

That's a good question you who.. While I love my mil dearly, and have total faith in her child care abilities, she is in her 70's and we haven't yet left her alone with both the girls..they can be quite a handful!

Rosa, Silvijn & Julius said...

MIL, MIL, MIL?! Oh, Mother In Law! This blog is really expanding my knowledge of Abbreviations used in Contemporary American-English.
I thank you all for that.

GRTZ<

AMVDK