Thursday, May 01, 2008

Pepto-Bismol is NOT a color!!

This is a house down the street from me. I don't think this picture does it justice, the actual color is much brighter, and much more disgusting. I know I'm not crazy about our peanut butter cornflake colored house, but this is beyond good taste. When they had the house painted close to a year ago, I thought the color was a tinted primer, for maybe a red house. But then the painters left, and now every time I drive by this house, I want to yell at them.

You who must agree with me.. what the hell were these people thinking??

6 comments:

christhadasister said...

I completely agree! Yuck! I still think it's primer and they're just slow in choosing a shade of red... you should post a pic of the yellow house, too. You are surronded by very odd color choices... I'm pretty sure your peanut butter corn flake doesn't stand out like these do...

Ballard Greener said...

I drive past this house everyday and would like to see more like it...good for them!!!...I feel like I'm in Bermuda everytime I go by.

Heidi said...

perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if it were a 'painted lady', but a cape? i wonder what the inside looks like?

Unknown said...

That's funny Heidi, that house used to belong to a childhood friend of mine, and the inside is actually quite nice, or at least it used to be.. I can't imagine the paint choices they've made for the inside!!

YouWho said...

Every time I drive by, I like to think God painted this house as a reminder to the people in my neighborhood that while sometimes frustrating, homeowners' association by-laws all are part of His plan (to protect our property value).

At least it's better than that ugly brown place that used to be at the end of the road. Thank God they finally repainted that place.

Unknown said...

Yea, but did you see the ugly color they painted it?? I'm not sure if I didn't just prefer the brown..