Monday, May 12, 2008

Wii Love our Mothers, don't wii??

The birthday party was a success. My husband grilled all the food, and burnt only half of it. It was a great day weather wise, and there were a TON of kids there! It was great. My boys got so many great gifts, and they have a new appreciation for gift cards. They did their little shopping spree yesterday and had so much fun just picking out whatever they wanted. Something they never get to do on our budget.

On Mothers Day, I got some great art work from the boys, and just what I told my husband that I wanted for my special day- which was nothing. He never lets me down, always gets me what I ask for! We did go out to breakfast at our favorite bake shop, and then went home and I got a 2 hour nap! That was a little slice of heaven, especially since we didn't get home til 1:30 a.m. from my husbands show. It was a great night out. I got to see some friends that I hadn't seen in a while, and of course see some other interesting shit as well. The funniest thing was this skank bag doing a pole dance, minus the pole right in front of the stage. A few drunk guys tried dancing with her, but she was having none of that. She was going solo.. It was a pretty small bar, and the dance floor was about the size of my kitchen table. She couldn't have any guys crowding in on her space, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to do her split. Yea, a split! To each his own I suppose..

Anyway, in other news.. we got a Wii yesterday! It was meant to be (and this is what my husband and I are telling ourselves to avoid the post purchase guilt always associated with an expensive, and frivolous purchase) After going to the 3rd store, having no luck, there was a lady returning her unopened Wii, apparently succumbing to her very own guilt. This of course was the only one in the store, hence the whole "meant to be thing". It's fun so far.. what little time I've been able to get on it.. My husband has it the most. I did get to play 30 minutes of tennis on it today, while the girls were napping. I actually broke out into a sweat.. so there's my excuse for playing it.. exercise!!

No comments: