Monday, May 19, 2008

Pukey Puke and Runny Runs..

So what an exciting weekend.. it started when I got home from work on Friday night with food for the entire family. My husband and I had our Las Olas (yum!!) and I had gotten the kids happy meals.

We all sat down, about to eat, I had taken one bite of my delicious salad, and my youngest son took his first bite of his mcligament, which was shortly followed by an "oh shit" kind of cry,and a look on his face that something was going on in his belly. Moments later, after I have dragged him to the bathroom, it all comes up. Out his mouth, out his nose (which he found particularly disturbing later) and the sound of the "warning fart" let everything go down below, all at once. It's been a while since I've seen that many bodily fluids coming out in unison. And my poor little 5 year old was in shock at the loss of control he had over his tired sick body.

All the while, my husband is trying to scarf down his food, as he was about to leave for his show that night. The girls are all too curious about all the sounds coming from the bathroom, and luckily, my oldest son who usually moderates these events with a "look mom, he's puking.. or Oh my god he just pooped his pants" was busy in the other room devouring his fast food.

My son decided he was done eating and that he just wanted his root beer.. reluctantly I agreed, and we all sat back down (after a serious scrub down) and finished our food. My husband left, which most nights I am totally fine with, but when one of the kids is puking and crapping himself at the same time, I just never know what the rest of the night will bring. Thanks to the sanitation gods, or the intestinal ferry, but it was a one time deal, and he was passed out in bed less than an hour later.

I wish I could say it stopped with my youngest, but it's hit the girls too. They have each had a day with diarrhea, and a one time puking episode. It's one of the strangest viruses I've seen, and one of the shortest. Thank god for that!

1 comment:

McPolack said...

I have yet to experience such an, um, outpouring...but I know someone who has and she ended up falling off the toilet and pooping up a wall!

She's OK now.