Friday, May 16, 2008

What's in a name??

Well, if you had my name, you might also have an Adam's apple and a penis.. Which can be misleading, if you don't know that I am in fact a girl, and not what my name might suggest.
My husband and I have been searching for a pop up camper. We love to camp, but sleeping with 4 kids in a tent has lost it's appeal. We found a great camper in our price range on Craigslist. I emailed the guy about it, and got back an email addressed to me and about 20 others, as there are many people interested in it.
Yesterday, in an effort to kiss some ass and maybe put my name on the top of this guys list, I emailed him and basically begged for the camper, and even offered a little more than his asking price. I even added a couple of ";)" computer winks.. It didn't dawn on me til about 3 a.m. that he totally thinks I'm a dude. Of course he does, why the hell wouldn't he?? It can so easily escape me, the fact that my name is not really a girls name, but a man's. I am after all very used to it after 35 years of having it.
I just hope that this man is open minded, and didn't take my computer winking too seriously.. maybe he's gay. I can only hope!

No comments: