Friday, May 30, 2008

My day so far..

It's not noon yet, and already I'm ready for this day to wind down.. Let's see, this morning, I brought my youngest son to school for speech. Upon arriving, there was an unusual amount of cars there and my usual spot right in front, typically reserved for the idiot with too many kids, was taken. Being the blond that I am, I decided to make my own parking space right in a double white line area.. which would have been just fine, except that I got a little too close to the curb and put a nice hole in my front tire. It hasn't popped yet, and luckily, I was able to get back home.. It's actually more of a tear than a hole, you can see the metal of the tire under the flap.. I'm sure it's perfectly safe to tool around in for a little bit.

I've killed 3 REALLY SCARY bugs already this morning, that my children could not coexist with. I've had my mind read a dozen times, and have been asked to read the little ones mind as well.. I rewashed some stinky laundry that I didn't get to quick enough and I have put a stop to more than one cat fight between the girls.. I still don't know better than to have 2 of EVERYTHING.. even if it's just my water bottles..

I met my oldest son's computer teacher. She stopped by while I was at the school to say hi to the girls, and asked if they had a brother or sister there. When I told her who their big brother was, she went on about what a great kid he was, and how he's such a good example to the other students about what being a good student is all about. She also said it was clear that we were doing a great job with him. I couldn't have said it better myself, thank you.. pat pat on my back! It was really nice to hear, and made me forget about my tire in the parking lot that I thought was most likely deflating while I waited for my youngest son.

And so now, I'm sitting at my desk, with both the girls on it right next to me.. one is trying to get into some Neil Diamond records and the other is rearranging the pencils in my cup.. in a few it's off to school for the little guy, one more week of driving his butt around..yee ha for that!! I'm glad it's Friday.. so so glad..

3 comments:

christhadasister said...

Sorry about your tire! And records?? Do you even have a record player?

Mrs. Samanthacat said...

Your schedual sounds crazy! We hope your weekend is a little more relaxing. As I have said in the past, I really don't know how all of you do it! Cheers! Have a beer or two on me (a case if that what it takes!).

Ballard Greener said...

Records? Wow you ARE really old.