Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother's Day...

I picked my youngest son up from preschool today, and was told upon him getting into the loser cruiser, to close my eyes. Apparently he had a Mother's Day gift for me, one that he did not want me to see, until Sunday. I closed my eyes, and played along. When we got home, we were lucky to meet my husband pulling in at the same time. He grabbed one of the babies, and my youngest son scrambled for the door, holding his gift for me as secretly as he could.

He waited by the front door, and again I closed my eyes, so that I wouldn't see the surprise he had for me. My husband let him in, and he flew upstairs, and hid it under his bed.. just like his teacher had told him.

Thankfully it's only 2 days that I have to let the plant live under his bed.
Sure I saw it, as he came bouncing along to the van at pick up. But I won't ruin the surprise.. instead on Sunday morning, when he pulls the barely breathing plant from under his bed, I'm going to act like it's the best thing in the world.. just what I always wanted.. and in many ways, it is.. my boys love, his joy at making me happy, and giving me this great surpise.. what more could a mom want on Mother's Day?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

sounds like a great day. you'll have excellent weather for it.