Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloweenie..

Halloween is upon us again, and the boys are having mixed feelings.. Well, at least my 4 year old is. He is refusing to come trick or treating with us because he's afraid he might see something, or someone that will scare him.. And despite telling him that he's not going to get much candy waiting at his Grammies, he still won't budge.. But I suppose it's for the best.. after all, he wasn't a lot of fun last year cowering in the wagon his dad pulled, and at least this way, I might get some sleep in the upcoming week if he's not totally freaked out by all the kids he might see dressed up scary. He's a wreck because his brother is dressing up like a vampire.. Although my oldest son has decided to tone it down a bit because blogless and her girls are coming with us, and he doesn't want to scare them... so sweet, but to be honest, he's getting a little nervous about being a vampire after all the freaking out his little brother has done, he would hate to be scared of himself!
The girls are going as a bumble bee and a lady bug.. If I can get them in their costumes.. My husband usually dresses up as Darth Maul, but I think it'll be too scary for the babies.. and he did get a long black wig to go as a mullet wearing dork, but they are scared of that too! Gee, maybe they should stay at their Gram's too!!
My husband and his band had another show this past weekend. It was an outside one, at a barn.. a really stinky barn, in the rain. But it was actually fun. It was a Halloween party (which I loath btw) Seriously, I hate dressing up in costumes.. but I stole a costume idea that blogless had used about 10 years ago and went as my husbands worst nightmare.. It was merely me with a pillow stuffed under my sweater.. Yes, a pregnant me. It would have been my worst nightmare too.. in fact, it was a nightmare for a few people who saw me drinking with a very real, quite large prego belly! haha.. "you're not really pregnant are you??" idiots!

No comments: