Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Keeping it, not so personal..

I am so glad that once again, the American public has proved it's not just a bunch of Jersey Shore watching, Hollywood obsessed morons, and did the right thing by keeping our current president in office. Before anyone thinks I'm political, let me just say I AM NOT! I will be the first one to avoid talking politics, and the first one to admit that I know very little on the topic. I do, however, feel quite confident that I understand the character of people, the empathy that they either posses, or simply do not.
I saw in Romney, a narcissistic, self serving jackass, only in politics because he needed to prove something to his Daddy. Where I found Obama to be the type of man who first entered politics, not to end up as president one day, but to make a difference, which I believe he has, and is still working on..it's not like he walked into a mess that he could clean up in just one term.
Politics are something that my husband and I rarely discuss. As long as I've known him, he has been very private with who he votes for. Last week after he came back from voting, I asked him the same thing I ask him after every election. "Who'd ya vote for?" And like always, I got "It's personal" He always ends up telling me that he voted for someone, this year he told me that he wrote in Ron Paul. But later he said it was Romney. He's full of shit, and I never believe him. 
Two days before the election, I took advantage of some nice weather and took down the few decorations I  had up for Halloween. This inspired me to start putting up some Christmas ones, anything that gets me out of my house when everyone else is in it, I am all over!  It all sort of evolved into my very own political statement..it didn't start out that way, but I decided to go the polar opposite of my husband, and didn't keep it personal, at all!
The lights only remained lit for about 30 minutes, just enough time for my sister to see it, and some random people driving by to get a picture if it. In my opinion, keeping your political opinion "personal" is so old school. Who cares? And jeesh buddy, I'm your WIFE!! There are some things that you should keep personal, such as your social security number..or your vagina! I think he might not be getting too personal with mine anytime soon! ;)

No comments: