Sunday, September 14, 2008

Post #900..

900 posts..damn. And what have I said?? I've complained a lot about my 5 year old, my husband and life in general. We've had our house on the market almost 3 times (tomorrow will make it our last try..sure..) I've deleted stuff..been to one blog and brew (which btw we are so far overdue for another one.) I've joined facebook, had two more babies, and gotten many more gray hairs.. I've been reacquainted with an estranged family member (which I've never blogged about) I've seen two children off to school.. I've welcomed 3 new children to our family, actually4, including my niece. I've seen my nephew, who is like a son to me, graduate high school, fail out of college and move back and forth from home to apartments.
I've been to funerals.. one of a young man who died far too young, and my best friends father, who was like a dad to all of us.. I've posted lots about poop. I've met some bloggers who have inspired me with their wit and their commonality, something we all share. I've discovered that just because you think you know someone, doesn't mean that they're always going to be your friend.. I've seen struggles, and joys and love.. I've had regrets over the last 3 years, and 900 posts. Not getting up to speak at my best friends fathers funeral being on the top of that list. I learned that fear grips me like nothing else. I've regretted not speaking up to my oldest sons kindergarten teacher (a.k.a the whore). I've regretted lots. But I don't regret the way my life is. How I've wavered through tough times, or how we have all come out of it. I survived the birth, and first year of twins! I think I can survive anything! At least I hope I can!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAME

Anonymous said...

my bad, I take back the lame, when I opened this earlier it was only a title, I thought you were trying to get out of a post. my apologies....

Anonymous said...

now I feel like a real shit...
you made me cry!

Unknown said...

don't feel like shit, I accidentally posted just the title, and that was what you read before I posted it.. I'm sorry that I made you cry :(

Heidi said...

a very nice eloquent post. who would have ever thought we could learn so much about ourselves thru our public diaries?

Heidi said...

and i'm with you on the blog-n-brew.

McPolack said...

Congrats on #900! I've enjoyed reading every one.