Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good Behavior Has it's Rewards..

The other day my family and I were at a local restaurant. Most times when we show up somewhere to eat, I can almost hear the fellow diners sigh, seeing me, my husband and our four young children arriving to most definitely ruin their dining experience.

This doesn't bother me one bit. I totally understand, and would most likely react in the same way. However, these people don't know that my kids are really, really well behaved in a restaurant setting. More so than any other place we've taken them. I think partially because they are naturally introverted, shy children, and perhaps the thought of some stranger commenting on their bad behavior would be just too much for them.

On this particular day, as we were getting ready to leave, an older woman came over to our table and quietly handed each of my kids a dollar. The man she was dining with thought they deserved some of their own money, for being so good. He was legally blind, and could barely see my kids, but commented on how quiet and well behaved they were.

It's times like these that I sit back and look at these wonderful little creatures, and wonder where the hell they came from!! And how on Earth, did I deserve them?? ;)

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

That might happen to us in a restaurant but only if we left in exchange!