Friday, August 21, 2009

Still Potty Training..

My girls (who just turned 3) are not ready for the potty.. or I'm not ready to commit to teaching them how.. I'm a firm believer that kids will do it when they're ready.. and when their mother is ready, because right now, having a minimum of 7 kids here most days, does not afford me the time needed to teach 2 little girls the in's and out's of potty training..
My concern at this point, is training my 6 year old how to pee IN the toilet, and not ON it. I can't tell you how many times I have sat down to do my business, only to realize that I have just sat my ass on a very wet, nasty toilet seat. You would think I would have learned after about the bazillionith time, but most days I'm in a mad rush to finish up and get back to the insanity occurring outside the bathroom door.
Anyway, if he doesn't stop doing it, I've decided that I'm going to make him sit down and pee. Maybe right after he's soaked the seat.. let's see how he likes that!

1 comment:

Megan R. said...

7 kids at your house most days!?!? Wow! I don't know how you do it. That's impressive. Glad to read that your son is ok from his ceiling fan crash. Yikes, that would be scary, and it sounds like you all handled it so well.

Thanks so much for your super nice comments on my blog! That totally made my day. I remember when you commented before, and it's so great to hear that you're still enjoying reading it. Yay!

I have a feeling that, as a mom of four, you may be familiar with the situation I described--aimlessly wandering around with a sack full of puke. :-)