Friday, February 05, 2010

Twins in the News.. yea right.

So, my twin story has been published.. well, sort of. Here I am thinking that the fact my identical twin sister and I, who have both given birth to identical twins ourselves, are in fact very special.
Well, I guess we are only special enough to get a letter from me to the editor asking about other id twins having their own id twins. Not even a mention of all the other cool facts that are involved here: Like how my sister and I are mirror twins (identical twins who are mirror images of each other, she's a lefty, had braces, wears glasses) Had boys.. That both our twins were born on the 22nd day of a month.. that her twins were due on Thanksgiving, while mine were conceived on the same holiday.. And that genetically, having identical twins is a fluke. It hasn't been linked to genetics.
But whatever. It's pretty cool anyway to see our twin pic in an actual magazine.. too bad I didn't know it has been in there since December, even though the editor of the magazine asked me if she could run the story, I should have wondered when she didn't respond to me if she would let me know when it was coming out.. whatev's.. Here's the link... http://www.epaperflip.com/aglaia/viewer.aspx?docid=94f462df6e014e8788df30bf3e23a3b2&page=8&#

3 comments:

christhadasister said...

Don't forget all the other cool mirror image things about us-the zygosity of our twins- how they're all identical but your girls were di/di (2 placentas, 2 amniotic sacs) and my boys were mono/di twins (one placenta, two amniotic sacs). Mono/di twins are less common than di/di twins BUT di/di identicals are less common than mono/di identicals. Kind of dorky, scientific stuff but totally fascinating! Oh and my boys were super easy babies (yours not so much ;) but your girls were easier toddlers than my boys have been.

Beth P. said...

Wow! That is a lot of info to leave out, but it is still neat to get your question published!

Unknown said...

It is still very cool.. and really, Jenn, you're such a dork!! haha.. I guess I should have mentioned that you were WAY smarter than me!! love you!