Monday, December 28, 2009

Thank God that's Over!!

I love the holidays, I really do. But once Christmas day has passed, I am ready to clean up the house, and make it look like Christmas was never here. Luckily, no one cares that I feel this way, thus enabling me to just pull it all down and pack it up til next year.. I actually waited 3 days this year to get it put away (but only because I was in an ugly, after Christmas funk- much like my husband was..) But I woke up this morning, had a meeting with our builder, found out that he's starting work tomorrow and had to clean out some clutter in the lower level, and just went nuts from there. It feels good in here.. I can breath again.
The kids had a great Christmas, and got a ton of stuff.. one of the main reasons I felt the need to purge. The girls finally got into it this year..after each gift, my oldest twin would come up to me and say "just one more mama" it was cute. They have had endless hours of fun with their new toys. All which are doll, or princess related. It's funny to have girls in the house, especially such girly ones. Being a recovering tom boy, it's hard to understand the love for everything pink, and glittery. But I love it anyway.
Well, I'm currently cooking dinner (noodles..) I did enough cooking over the past week that I can get away with something simple..and something that won't make any one of them cry. I'm heading back to work in a few as well.. I  miss it.. mommy needs a break!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

I don't know how you do it!! I only wish I had half of your motivation and drive! You'll be glad that you're so prepared for construction, which by the way sucks as I know you know! It'll all be worth it though (as I also know you know!). :)

Robin said...

Isn't it weird to have your own child(ren) like princess stuff? I was so sure that my daughter would not...that it was all parental influence....but that's just not the case. I don't have a memory of even one barbie doll in my childhood and definitely not princess stuff, yet my daughter is totally into it. weird.Glad you had a good Christmas :-)