Thursday, April 01, 2010

Puke..

We got more rain here the other night. Lots of it. Thankfully, we had already ripped up the carpet in our basement, so we only had to wet vac the concrete.. My husband I were up all night, taking turns napping to try and keep up with the water. We did it, but man, yesterday was a nightmare. After hauling about 300 gallons of water outside, my back was killing me, and the times where I layed down to sleep I couldn't because it was so loud with the wet vacs going..
Last night, I came home from work shortly after 7, so excited about going to bed. Of course nothing ever happens the way you want it to, or expect it to. I wasn't even in the driveway, and I can see my older son in the window waving me in.. It was only after I walked in the door that I could smell the puke, and see my husband in a state of total disbelief. My youngest daughter started puking shortly after I left, and my youngest son started right before I got home. He was on the toilet covered in his own poo and vomit with the shower running for him.
 My oldest daughter was in bed with me and her twin sister and abruptly sat up and vomitted all over me, and the bed. Three out of four, puking. Another sleepless night. My oldest is the only one who hasn't come down with it. Before he left for school today, he made me take his tempature, just to be sure that he wasn't running a fever (even though he felt totally fine). My husband stayed up with my younger son, who got it the worst, but seems to be totally fine today, in fact he's gone to Home Depot with our contractor. Hopefully it will be a puke and crap free trip! At least for my contractor's sake.. but it's not like he didn't know what the kid had been through..you can't step into my house and not be almost knocked over by the smell of puke. I'm currently on my 3rd load of laundry.. I woke up this morning, and had no towels. Not one. We also have the guys who are going to be staining our house here taping up the windows. It's going to be a puke sauna once the sun hits it! Nice..
Anyway, I'm off to get some more laundry done, and try to ignore the stomach pains I've been feeling for the past couple of hours..I'm sure it's just having to smell all this stink, and not the actual stomach bug. I never get sick. I don't.. and if I do..I'm  pretty much totally screwed.. hopefully my husband won't get it either..nothing worse than a man with the flu (or at least my man!)

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

I hope you guys are all feeling better soon! You're probably sick from all that Lysol you have lying around the house!