Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tired..

I wrote this back in January, and came across it in my draft folder. I guess why I'm posting it is because I so don't feel like this anymore.. the sun has been shining, and we're moving into the part of the year that I love the most..spring and summer..so bare this in mind as you read..

Someone recently asked me what my plans were for the week. My answer?  "to get through it"
This is how overwhelmingly tired I am with my life right now. Not tired of it, but tired because of it. Having 5 kids in my care, for 3 days a week, in the middle of a cold winter, is making me a tad cranky. Not to mention what it's doing to the kids. My girls are at the center of the storm (so to speak) by their incredibly demanding behaviors, which for whatever reason, I haven't been able to get a handle on. It makes me feel like a horrible mother, and a terrible caregiver. I realize I'm having a pity party for myself, but the beauty of the blog is for me to say whatever I want.. so there..
I know my sister is going to read this, and feel bad. I don't want her to. I love her kids! With all my heart. I love my kids as well.. but man, there are days when I long for the boring single life I once had over a decade ago. And don't say it, I wouldn't change a thing! I really wouldn't.. It is what it is.. and even though it's sucking right now, I know eventually the skies will turn blue, and the sun will shine.. and god dammit, these kids are going to get the hell outside and stop trying to kill me slowly with all the whining!

3 comments:

Leigh said...

girlfriend, I don't know how you have survived this long honestly! I tip my hat to you! just one whining kid all day is enough to put me in the looney bin. just ONE. never mind whatcha' got going on at your house! But you're right, when the kids can go run some of this steam off outside it will help. And you can fill up the kiddie pool soon too- another great one. Plus we're getting older - I tell K that all the time "Sorry honey, mommy's old" - she totally understands (not)
hang in there!

christhadasister said...

I will forever be in your debt for the love and support you have given me and my family. You are truly the best (and the EXACT opposite of what a terrible mother and cargiver are!)

I can't imagine how difficult those cold winter days were, well, I can a little but I always have Monday to look forward to ;) so I owe you big is what I'm sayin' and I'm thankful beyond words!! xoxoxo!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you girls! I appreciate your kind words. I was surprised by the dread I had been feeling there briefly, I guess that's why I decided to post it now because the winter blues are gone, thank god for that!