Friday, July 08, 2005

My Handy Man..


When I was a little girl (well, maybe in my teens) I wanted to marry a carpenter. I figured I snag me a handy man, that could build me a house, and all the furniture to put in it. I'm not sure exactly why I aspired to attain this, but it was what I always wanted. Of course love knows no profession and I ended up with an art teacher, who when I met him could barely change a tire, nevermind build me a house.
Over the years, my husband has become more handy than I ever thought possible. Which I am absolutely loving! Last fall he enclosed our screen porch. He got some advice and a bit of help from his brothers, but the majority of the work he did on his own. This was a huge project and he finished it in what I consider record time.. that may also explain why he ended up with 6 stiches in his head..but whatever, the room is spectacular!! I don't know what's sexier than a man who can do things with his hands (besides groping), or a man with a few scars! Especially the ones that were made trying to improve his family's home.. This past week, he finished building a kitchen table. I had my doubts when I saw him out in the yard with what looked like warped boards, and uneven legs... but when he brought it inside, and put it in our kitchen, I wanted to throw him on it and have my way with him! It's so beautiful, and exactly my taste.
He's now talking about building a trundle bed for the boys.. I love that he's found something that he's good at and that he loves to do.. oh, and I finally have my carpenter.. or at least one in training!!

No comments: