Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Vacation???


I've been on vacation now for almost a week.. only a few days left. Last weekend we took the boys camping. I've always loved to camp, when I was younger I would go with my friends, and it was usually centered around the campfire at night, with several drinks. No one cared where they passed out, they just did. We could spend the days napping, or reading.. eating.. then more drinking. You did whatever you want.. much like the rest of your life before your kids..
This trip was not like one of those trips.. by far! First of all, you have a gazillion more things to pack.. and heaven forbid if you forgot something that the 2 year old can't live without for 3 days.. like his favorite star wars toy, or even another binky. Then you have to consider the whole nap factor.. the whole eating thing, and the whole let's take a trip to the beach, and bring every blow up thing available.. It was fun, and we were lucky to do it with another couple who had 2 girls. They definitely helped entertain each other. But the trip ended on a sour note when both boys got sick.. oh, and of course I forgot the thermometer..
But the camping is behind us, and we're all unpacked from it, and besides the rotten mood my 2 year old has been in, we're pretty much back to normal. Tomorrow I have my niece back, but I'm still on vacation from my evening job.. which I miss terribly. I didn't realize how much I looked forward to 5 o'clock, and getting out for a while.. at the moment, my youngest is at my chair, saying he wants to watch the movie where Luke dies.. Luke never dies.. I wish this vacation was over!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ezili said...

We miss you too!!! Can't wait for you to come back. Life is no fun without you and J.