Monday, May 04, 2009

My Birthday Boy.. almost..

We had a mini celebration tonight for my oldest son's birthday tomorrow. I made a cake and let him open his gifts (tomorrow he has his comics club, and I have to work so it would have been hard to find the time for any celebration then..).
He was happy to find another book, and a t-shirt of Mario Kart characters, and another Mario game for the wii.. I was only sentimental for a moment as I reminded him how special tomorrow was to me, the birth of my first child. And then we got all silly, as we always do whenever we talk about his actual birth day.. like me imitating what I looked like as I pushed him out.. and about how cute he was and how much he looked like his father. It was after the laughing had subsided, that he came over to me, gave me a hug, and thanked me for "putting him on Earth."

No comments: