Friday, May 08, 2009

Happy Mother's Day.. to me.

My husband gave me my Mother's Day gift tonight (only because I asked him if he had already gotten it.. seriously, I didn't want him spending "my weekend" going to a store by himself to get my gift.. I'm so deserving huh?)

Anyhoo, it's a new camera!! The battery is charging as I type, and tomorrow, I'm going to take a buttload of pictures (including ones of our new house, and the kids in their horrendous fashions) and post them all here!! I can't wait.. it's been too long that I've had a functioning camera, so yay for that! I only wish I had had it early this week to document the bites that my 18 month old twin nephews had bestowed upon each other. It was truly horrific! I am not a babysitter, I am a ref!

I hope all the MUTHAS out there have a fabulous weekend, and get just what they want.. and I also hope that I am not the only one that would prefer a day ALONE.. is that so wrong?? There's not a chance in hell that will happen, so at the very least, I'm hoping that after our mother's day breakfast (at some "restaurant" 50 minutes from here, owned by the science teacher at my husbands school) I will at least get a nap. Again, ALONE! We shall see!!

1 comment:

ctale said...

My sister and I took Mother's day into our own hands this year, since normally the husbands could use a little (a lot) help getting right. She is taking me and my mother to a place called Soakology (a foot spa - sort of)in Portland Maine and because it's a good hour away we might as well make a day of it and have lunch a do a little shopping too. Smart, huh?