Thursday, July 30, 2009

We Got a Cat!!!!

And my mother came with it!
Last week my mom moved in with us. She's going to be here on a temporary basis, for a few months. I was apprehensive at first, who wouldn't be? But it's going really well so far. She's been a huge help to us with the kids, and they are completely psyched that she's here.. and her cat is going over pretty well too.. only one of the girls has an issue with it, but she's slowly getting over it and not screaming nearly as loud when she sees it.
In other news, I finally got a laptop! I am soooo happy not to have my old piece o'shit p.c. in the lower level of my house, requiring me to drag down all the kids when I wanted to check my email, or do a little blogging.. At this precise moment, I'm sitting on the floor in my bedroom, while the girls yak to each other, trying to fall asleep (oh yea, they aren't sleeping in their own beds yet! yet.. jesus they're 3!!) Small steps people!
My husband left this morning to work a concession stand at the All Points West Music Festival in New Jersey.. He'll be home in 4 days, and will have hopefully made some decent money. He called me tonight to inform me that his duty will be making, and selling coffee.. Poor schmuck. Let's try and remember the last time he made coffee, and how that turned out.. Oh I wish I could be there for that!!
I do miss him already though, much to my surprise. (I'm always surprised when I miss him, usually he's too busy making me crazy) Well, I gotta go.. my girls are far too intrigued with my new "t.v." to actually go to sleep.. it's been a long day.. but thankfully it's almost over!

No comments: