Wednesday, July 01, 2009

July 1st

Today was the first day of July, and sadly, we had warmer days in May. The tan I once had is gone, and the garden I was once so proud of is limp and choking on all the rain. It's truly depressing. We are heading north for our annual camping trip in 2 days, and I had better see some better weather, or I am going to lose my shit.
Last weekend we did get a full 12 hour reprieve from the dreary weather, and just enough time to open up our pop up and camp in the backyard, after all it was National Camp Out in Your Backyard Day, and who are we to miss a National holiday.. in case you've never heard of this, I hadn't either, it was my husband who told me about it, and I had to google it because I really didn't believe him. We had fun anyway, and it was a good chance to open up the camper and make sure that we didn't have a family of mice residing in it.. unlike my sister who opened her pop up to find dead baby mice and holes in the canvas.. nice.
Anyway, enough about the rain, and the mice.. I am truly excited about getting a vacation! My sister is on vacation next week which means no babysitting for me! Yay!! I love her children, but man, are they exhausting! Her boys, who are 20 months old are on the go non stop, and in to EVERYTHING!! One of them got his finger stuck in the pantry door, which has caused him to get a staph infection, and lose the nail on his middle finger.. the other one fell out of my camper the other day, and they both are constantly racing to my kitchen table to try and swing on the chandelier. Sounds like a joke, but it's not!
I had them today, and I have them tomorrow.. time for me to get some sleep.. I also have to pack 4 kids for a 3 night camping trip, and hope that maybe my lovely husband will pitch in at some point.. yea right.. I'll see monkey's fly out of my ass before that happens!!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

Aren't they just trying to spin the chandelier of it's axis or something?

christhadasister said...

It's July 14th. Update your frigging blog, would ya?