Friday, July 31, 2009

To the Graduate..

I found this post that I never finished.. there are so many like them on my blog.. time is just not my friend these days!

My youngest son graduated from Kindergarten today.. this is a letter to him....

Dear sweetie
I saw you at school today. I watched from a distance, in a crowded room as you joined your classmates and sang to all the parents. I watched how nervous you were at first, and then how you settled into it.
I remembered the day you were born. How tired your dad and I were after a long night of labor with you. You were a vision of cuteness, with your blond hair, and your daddy's nose. Shortly after you were born, your big brother came in to meet you. This was one of the happiest moments of my life.. completing our family (or so I thought.. yes, twin girls were a surprise to say the least!)
I watched you today, such a big boy with all your friends surrounding you, and I wondered where the past 6 years of my life had gone, of your life.. how did you get so grown up already?
It reminded me of how quickly time passes.. and how I wish I could just freeze it, and remain here for a bit longer.. a place where life seems less complicated.. where all my kids still think I rock, and where kissing your mom goodbye is still ok.
Of course I know that can't happen, so I focus on the future and wonder what kind of wonderful things you are going to accomplish.. and what kind of trouble you are going to get into (cause I know there is going to be some trouble that you will get into!) And I look forward to it..I hope that you challenge everything in life, the way you have challenged me. Always asking why, and always striving for more.. You are truly special that way! I love you buddy!!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

Aww...what a nice post. Are you trying to suck up for making him cry earlier over one of your poop stories? Either way, very nice post!!

Unknown said...

how did you know it was him who cried about the poop story?? he was so over tired..he'll laugh about it later.. like we all did tonight!!