Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Getting Ready..

I've already started my Christmas shopping, in fact, I've already started wrapping presents. This year is much different than last year. We were in the middle of trying to sell our house, and pinching every penny. I didn't have the time or the desire to get ready for the holidays. It feels so good to be on a more relaxed schedule. I'm taking my time, and trying to enjoy it all.. This past weekend we put up Christmas lights.. I know. It's early for that. But we only lite them for a bit, and we'll wait til after Thanksgiving to keep them lite and get the rest of the decorations up... the lights do look pretty though..
I also started making some new tree ornaments, and I've had so much fun doing it.. when did I turn into such a dork?? Not sure..
I'm also gearing up for having my 2 year old twin nephews stay with us this weekend. My sister, brother in law and niece are heading to NY for my brother in law's sister's wedding. I hope they have a great time.. my sister is going to meet someone famous there.. this couples son is going to be the ring bearer, and  my niece is going to be the flower girl. I told her to get LOTS of pictures with the husband of the famous couple.. the wife of this duo is filming a movie, and won't be there.. but the husband will, and him and his wife had twins this past summer, so they'll have plenty to talk about!!
Anyway, here's a pic of the ornaments I've been making..

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

I love those ornaments! You are so crafty!! How do you find the time (and who's kids are you putting to work??;)
Oh and thanks again for watching the boys. Having just A-girl is going to feel like having no kids and I am sooooo looking forward to that!! :)

Mrs. Samanthacat said...

What a great craft idea!! They would also make wonderful gift tags!! I also started my Christmas shopping, but you are one step ahead of me with the outside lights! Hope you stay fairly sane this weekend! I too will take many pictures and post them! :)