Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Deets..

What's better than getting to see your favorite band in a small venue? How about getting to meet them before the show? That's right.. I made a total ass out of myself, but got to meet my current obsession, and they were so sweet, and so nice to me. They have yet to make it big, so they can sit in a restaurant, and not worry about crazy fans bothering them..well, at least they could until they met me last night!
My husband and I were waiting in line to get in the club, when he nudged me and pointed in the other direction. Twenty feet away was the lead singer. About 2 seconds later, I was apologizing for bothering him, and telling him how much I loved their music..how great it was..yada yada.. He was flattered, and thanked me, then I went on my way, back to line..completely out of my mind with excitement. About 2 minutes later, my husband nudged me again, and there in the restaurant above the club (where we had just finished eating) was the rest of the band. Son of a bitch. You couldn't have stopped me if you tried.. I'm sure they were horrified by this girl gushing about how much she loved them.. but they were so sweet, and someday I hope to recall the 5 minute conversation in it's entirety (it's currently floating around in my head with the rest of the events of last night..) Seriously, it was amazing.. I never thought I would have met them..
The show was great, but would have been better if there weren't so many people there.. it actually would have been WAY better if they had done a private show for me.. and of course my husband!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

Thanks for sharing the deets!! I'm so glad you got to meet them and that you had such a wonderful time. You totally deserve it!!