Saturday, May 29, 2010

Single Mom..

My husband went camping this weekend with a couple of friends.. and I am a single mother of 4 til he gets home on Monday.. I don't mind though, I'm glad that he's getting a weekend to fish, and canoe and just get the hell out of here!
I'll be having my own weekend in July, so the guilt about leaving him alone with our four kids is so not an issue.. He went with a childhood friend, and someone he only just met. They are going to be on the Saco River, a place which brings back really old, and really good memories for me. 20 years ago, after I graduated high school, I went there, with my best high school friends, who are in fact the same best friends I have now.
I'm jealous, and wish I could have been included.. but alas, someone has to watch the kids, and so here I am.. tomorrow, my sister is coming over for a sleepover with all her kids. We are all very excited. It's not often that I get to hang out with my twin for more than 10 minutes while she's dropping off her kids during the week..
And the weather has been beautiful, my sister doesn't know it yet, but she's going to be helping me mulch tomorrow.. that is after we get the mulch.. hope everyone has a great weekend!!

1 comment:

ctale said...

oh my god - your sis is going to be soooooooo excited when she finds out she gets to mulch!!! ;)