Wednesday, August 01, 2012

What's that smell??

I have been asked by Better Homes and Gardens to come up with a scent that best represents my home state of New Hampshire. They are teaming up with Walmart, to promote their line of wax cubes, and for whatever reason, (most likely because if you google anything about NH blogs, mine isn't too far down the list!) however, ignoring that fact, they have asked me to be the smell ambassador.. so to speak. I was given 2 days notice, and $35 in Walmart gift cards, to purchase some of their scented wax cubes and a wax warmer. It was my job to combined and concoct the perfect smell for State #9.
This was very flattering to me, as I haven't done much with my poor pathetic blog lately, but sure, why not! I trucked on down to the Walmaht,  (one of my most favorite stores) and picked up a bunch of wax cubes, and a candle warmer.
It was a challenge coming up with what NH smells like. I mean, right now, when I go outside, it smells like shit. Big piles of freshly thrown down cow shit. It's disgusting, and I certainly wouldn't buy any sort of wax cube that replicated that smell. So, I took to facebook, and asked for some creative help from some of the 350+ "friends" that I have. The response was overwhelming, and hysterical. And pretty much right on. My favorites included the summertime aroma of paving, called "traffic" or a tax free shopping center which usually smells like cigarettes and b.o. The suggestions were endless! And mostly along those lines..
I decided to try and represent the best NH has to offer. I was surprised at how much our little state has, it's not often I think about it, and I guess living here all my life, has made me take it for granite (no pun intended btw). So, we have beaches (only 13 miles of it, but whatev's, the people from Massivetwoshits seem to love it anyway!) We have mountains, with some of the best skiing, snowboarding and hiking in the Northeast. We have lakes, gorgeous lakes. And we have leaves. Leaves that every fall change a million different colors and attract a million different people. There is quite a plethora of touristy things to do. But again, I'm coming up with a smell, right? Well, here's my brilliant idea "The Four Seasons Of NH". It's a layered waxed cube, with the first layer representing the winter in NH "Snowy Evergreen Forest", the second paying homage to the spring, and our lovely state flower "French Lilac". The third for our teeny weeny little coastline "Ocean Flowers" and finally the 4th layer, and my least favorite season-Fall with "Warm Autumn Welcome".
I mixed this up, and it actually smells really good. It goes from cold winter, to spring, to our quick summer, and topped off by the spicy smell of fall.
So, all you douches reading this, better head over to facebook and "like" Better Homes and Gardens, and vote for me! Did I mention the prize? You didn't think I was doing this for nothing did ya? The grand prize winner, the blogger that gets the most votes, gets an all expense paid trip to visit the Better Homes and Gardens Headquarters..located in lovely Iowa. A state I have always wanted to visit.. yup, a-ha, that's right.
And just so you know, if you go and vote for NH, you will be entered in to win your very own wax warmer, and 6 wax cubes! Go on now, what are you waiting for?? go here, and simply click on the sweepstakes tab, and find the tiny little state of NH, and VOTE!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

you so funny! :)

Tonya said...

Ha ha! Fellow New Hampshire mommy blogger here, and I got the same email, but you must have gotten back to them sooner than I did ;) I think your scent sounds (and most likely smells) fabulous. I love the scents that didn't quite make the grade! Now, since I'm a former Masshole, I wouldn't dare say that, but since you've lived in NH your whole life, you can get away with it! Seriously, I love this state, and I'll get on FB and give you my vote!