Tuesday, September 12, 2006



Here is my husband holding one of the twins in their new favorite position.. It's a killer on your arm, but it keeps them quiet. The days of them just sleeping the day away are over, and it would appear that being held is what they love best.. just like this, on our forearm, with our index finger in their mouth so they can suck on it. It's not something that I can easily do, in fact it kills my arm, but I'm getting good at holding them both this way at the same time.. I'm going to have some buff arms pretty soon!! My husband was holding her this way, and doing homework with my son.. he's been amazing with the kids! I can't wait for the end of the day when he comes home to help out. This is more work than I've ever done before.. I'm waiting for the day to come that the girls will entertain each other a bit.. right now they don't even know the other one is there. They don't like hanging out in their swings or bouncy seats (not yet anyway) it's all about being held, and being on the boob.. My mom is staying over again tonight, I swear, I don't know what I would do without her at this point.. pretty ironic considering how I had been feeling. At least all her pop in's now are welcome, and useful!
My husband and I went out last Friday night.. I had a great time, we closed the bar and didn't get home til close to 2.. I'm way too old for that, and have way too many kids to be out that late. The next day was brutal.. but we made it, and it was definitely worth it to get out and see some friends and be a couple again, instead of a couple of parents at home...

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

What a cute picture!
Mom feels useful now, too...
Probably because you're actually happy to see her when she walks in your front door unannounced!