Friday, June 08, 2007

More Poop..

Why must potty training be so difficult.. especially when it comes to the pooping?? My poor little boy.. he can totally control the peeing part now, he's a pro, and even goes in by himself, stands up, shakes it off, and even gets his clothes back on.. But for some reason, he can't quite master the poop.
I mentioned earlier that he was on his way to the potty a couple of days ago, with a turtle head emerging.. Well, it happened again tonight, while I was on my way to work, already running late. This time, I thought I would be proactive, and get him to the toilet myself. So, I picked him up under his arms, and ran.. We weren't 2 feet away from the bathroom door, when I felt something warm and squishy hit my foot. UGH!!!!! And of course there is a baby heading down the hallway following her mommy..
And where is my ever so helpful husband? The guy whose always there in a pinch? In the living room, covering his mouth with his t-shirt, trying not to gag. Nice.
My poor poor shitting himself silly little boy. He just can't seem to manage to know when to get to the potty for number 2! I'm sure he'll get the hang of it soon.. I'm just glad that I was there to handle it, if my husband had been the one to get shit all over his foot, I'm guessing he would have just passed out or something! good lord..

2 comments:

Leigh said...

what is the "poop reward" that he gets? it helped my sister with M to give him something special after poops. He loves those little toy dinosaurs, anyway, he got a dinosaur everytime he had a poop, that and a 1/2 of a cookie. She had a tough time w/poop too. He was very scared to sit on the toilet. I still think something is going to bite me in the ass somedays too!

Anonymous said...

lol. oh... those hubbies with the weak stomachs! chuckle. did you ever imagine you'd be so concerned with poop in your life? that thought used to amuse me a lot. mine was horrified with the idea of "making a mess" (she's kind of a germ-a-phobe(sp?)) and stubbornly refused to poop.