Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Work Day #1..

Well, my first full day of work in over 3 years, is almost over.. and let me correct myself here, and say the first full day of work outside of my own house! Work that doesn't involve changing diapers, or doing laundry, dishes..etc.
I must say it's been a wonderful day.. It's about 95 degrees outside, yet I'm cool and comfy in my air conditioned office. I got to hang out with my sister for the day.. she was a big help to me in getting me readjusted to everything that I don't normally do during my night shift.. I only got one phone call from home, where it sounded like my husband had everything under control. He woke up bright and early this morning and made a schedule for the boys. It went a little like this.. 7-8 am breakfast, and cartoons. 8-9 computer games, 9-10 arts and crafts, 10-11 free time.. and so on.. I thought it was pretty clever.. and the boys were really excited about it. Especially my oldest son who is so used to schedules from school. I dont' know if at some point he just tossed the schedule and let them have the remote.. we'll see when I get home!
I'm interested to see what shape my house is in.. I'm hoping it's as clean as when I left, but I'm doubting that. I'm not going to expect too much from my husband on the first day. So, anyway, I think I'm going to do just fine working part time.. It was sad leaving this morning, but by about noon, I felt just fine! ahhhhhh..

2 comments:

Leigh said...

that is such a great idea about making a schedule! Keeps it interesting for everyone. Glad things went well for you back at the job, it was probably a cake walk compared to the job you do at home! did you have the big "D" at work? ;)

Unknown said...

Nope! No "d" at work, or at home! :)