Sunday, December 07, 2008

The latest on the house..

We were supposed to have an open house this past Sunday, but last Wednesday I emailed my realtor and asked if we could cancel. It had been a crazy week, and I just didn't see myself being able to get the house in shape to hold an open house, which honestly, I didn't think anyone would show up for. My realtor was great and made a few calls and got everything cancelled.
She then called me on Thursday and told me that someone wanted to see the house on Saturday, and she wanted to know if I could pull it off. I told her that I could.. and I did. I spent Thursday and Friday pretty much cleaning non stop (I did take a break on Friday and had ctale and another friend over for a play date) and they were gracious enough to pick up all the toys that the 4 girls had played with.
Saturday morning was a nightmare, more so for my husband who had to listen to me boss him around and my poor kids who I threatened within an inch of their life to please not drop any crumbs on our new brown carpet (not the best color choice with all these kids!)
We took off for the afternoon, did a little shopping and had some lunch, and returned to a message from our realtor saying that the woman who had come to see our house, loved it. She didn't want to get our hopes up, as we've had a few showings like that, but nevertheless that was the case.
I got an email from her later saying that the girl who came by to look at the house wanted her mother to see it. Her mom lives in Florida, and wasn't coming here until the 18th. However, apparently, she moved her flight to the 13th, and had requested a second showing. The first second showing.
Sunday afternoon, I got a call from my realtor, who had an offer in her hands. It was a sucky offer, so we counter offered. That was on Sunday. It's now Wednesday, and they have yet to respond. It's making me mental. They still want to see the house again on Saturday, so maybe then they'll make up their minds.. the waiting is killing me though.
We went back to the house we want last night, and brought my mom. She loved it, and I guess spent last night decorating it for us in her head (gee, I don't know where I get that from!) anyway, I'm hoping for an answer by Sunday at the latest.. frickin sucks!

No comments: