Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Medium..

I'm skeptical at best when it comes to psychics, or mediums. I've never been introduced to one, and I certainly have never payed one for their services. On Monday, a friend and I went to visit another friend who lost his father a couple of weeks ago. When I got to my friends place, there was a man there working on my friends computer. We were introduced, and he remained intent on fixing my friends computer. Meanwhile, my friends and I were enjoying a cocktail, catching up, and helping my other friend make lunch.
About an hour and a half later, the guy working on the computer had fixed it and was about to head out. It was then, that he asked me about my house. He asked me what was going on with it.. were we selling it?? This is when I was informed that he was a medium. He then proceeded to talk to me for about 20 minutes about all sorts of shit. Shit he shouldn't have known about. It was creepy, and exciting at the same time. He told me that my house was going to sell, and that we would be in our new place within the next two months. He also told me that there was a woman who walked with me.. my grandmother. He talked about her last 2 years with us, and how she wasn't herself, and that her disease had gripped her mind. He told me that she wanted me to know, that she wasn't like that anymore. He talked about how sad she was that there were 4 people close to her that she wished would communicate. I took this as my mother who has not communicated with her 3 siblings in almost 20 years. At one point he told me that she was sitting next to me on the couch, and put my arm around her. I know the power of suggestion is strong, but really, I felt her. I could almost smell her. It brought tears to my eyes. I miss her everyday, and have been thinking about her so much lately. If there is anyone that I would want walking with me, it's her!
He spoke of things that meant nothing to me. And I told him, I had no idea who he was talking about. He only asked that I keep an open mind, and remember what he was telling me.
It was surreal. There were so many things that he talked about, that no one would know. Not even my friends that I was with that day. The friend I had gone up with, was also skeptical, until he started talking about his family.. and started talking about things that we had talked about on our ride up to our friends house. it was fucked up!
Later that night, as I was trying to get my mind to shut down, I remembered something he had told me. He started talking about a woman named Jean, or Jeannie.. and how she had passed on, and she was someones mother. He also mentioned that she was a nurse.. I had no idea who he was talking about, nothing rang a bell.. until later. I remembered my brother in law. His mom was Jeannie, she was a nurse, and she had passed on many years ago. It gave me chills, and if it wasn't 10 o'clock when I remembered that, I would have called my sister and told her.
I am now a firm believer in this guy.. really, I am. I was sad that he had to leave, and couldn't have lunch with us. My friend informed me later that I had just gotten about 200 bucks worth of free readings.. nice!
Oh, and btw, the next day (yesterday) my house went under contract! I'm just sayin....

6 comments:

Robin said...

WOw.

McPolack said...

Dang! That's pretty neat. And it's good to know it's your grandma sitting next to you on the sofa and not some dearly departed dirty old man trying to cop a feel. ; )

Happy New Yeah!

mermaidgirl13 said...

Wow...can you send this guy my way? creepy but amazing.

mermaidgirl13 said...

the word verification that I just had to type to post my last comment was "howweird"
Weird!!!!

Leigh said...

I was going to ask what was up with the house - wow! I wish you could get this guys number! Good luck with the house!

Barbara said...

You have to get his name and phone number or email address so everyone else can benefit from this guy's gift....how cool! I'll keep my fingers crossed on the sale of your house. Miss you!
Ezili/Barbara