Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sale Pending..

This is now what is on our for sale sign in front of the house. We are pending.. Kind of like purgatory for the catholic folk.. We've been here before, and quite honestly, I'm doubting a move will even happen, but a part of me (the part that thinks positively) is thinking, that this is it. We are definitely moving.
So many things have happened to get us into this new place. Things that make me think this is meant to be. The fact that it was already pending with someone else.. the fact that they gave it up because of an inspection issue, which the seller has fixed. Seeing this place on line, and thinking no way would I live there, then being talked into seeing it by my realtor, and realizing the pictures didn't do it justice, and in fact this could be perfect for us. We are getting this for $84,000 less than the original asking price. Not bad. And even though we are selling our place for way less than we ever thought we would, we are no doubt making up for it on the buying end.
The previous house we almost got a year and a half ago, in another town, didn't go through because we were meant to move 2 miles down the road, and have the same great schools for our kids. The only downside, is that my boys will have to take different buses. Imagine the horror this is for them. They are quite adamant that they don't want to move. They don't like the new house- but mainly because it's empty, and there is no t.v. They aren't really understanding the concept of "moving" But they'll get it
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.. at least until all the inspections are done, and we have gotten every one's financing approved.. I can't help but daydream about what I'm going to do with the place.. how I'll decorate it.. It could be so nice.. It will be so nice! Eventually. So wish us luck, as we hopefully open a new chapter in our lives.. with a new house!

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Always wishing you the best of luck! I am so excited and happy for you guys!

Heidi said...

luck has been wished!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck too!