Thursday, January 15, 2009

Farewell to Bush.. you douche!

I watched about 30 seconds of Bush's farewell speech tonight.. I mostly heard "this is so much better" and "that is so much better".. ugh.. what a putz..
My 8 year old came down stairs to say good night about 15 seconds into the speech. He asked when Obama was going to be the President. I told him next week, and he said that he sure hoped Obama would keep some of the same laws as Bush did.
When I asked him what laws he was worried would change, he answered simply "you know, like no littering"
What a relief it was for him to hear that just because a new President came into office, we would still have our laws. Our simple little laws that would help to keep our neighborhoods clean. I love the simplicity in which an 8 year old mind lives.. so refreshing!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

haha! I love it. W is a riot (your W, not G'dubya) ;)