Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sick..

This past month has been the worst month in our house in years. It started off a couple days after Christmas, when my husband got sick. He's worst than any of the kids, or all of them combined. Then my youngest one got it, running a close second with his dad for not being all that gracious when sickness hits. Then I got it. The glue that holds this whole thing together.. of course I didn't get the "just go to bed" treatment that my husband got, but whatever.. I was quickly over what ailed me, and back to being the glue. Days later, my older son got it. And when I say "got it" I mean fever, puking, and shitting non stop.
A few days after that, I got something else. An ear infection. A grown woman getting an ear infection, something I hadn't experienced since childhood, and had no memory of. It pretty much blew chunks, and really, I've never felt pain like that before with the exception of child birth. After a day on the azithromycin, I was on the mend. However, 10 days later, when I still could not hear out of the infected ear, my doctor discovered it was still infected, so I'm on day 3 of augmentin. This had better work!
Thursday, my youngest twin woke up with a crusty eye, and we found out she had an ear infection as well. This morning, after getting no sleep last night with her sister, and driving her to the pediatrician's office in a blizzard, we found out that she had a double ear infection, conjunctivitis and a perforated ear drum. Nice. She is now on amoxocillin like her sister. Christ.
I've been a mad woman today, cleaning. We have a second showing tomorrow. This couple saw the house about a month ago, and have decided they want to see it again. I haven't been able to stop thinking about the medium that I met about 3 weeks ago, he said there would be disappointment before we moved (yes, there has been that) and he said we would be out of our house in 2 months.. that would put us in a new house by March.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.. and I'm hoping the sick that has been brewing at our house for the past month, is moving on!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

my mom has had several ear infections in her adult life, which i thought was weird, but i guess if you're plugged up...you're likely to get infected no matter how old you are. hope everyone is on the mend now.

Anonymous said...

Ear infections are just the worst pain I've ever had the misery to suffer. I ended up having to have the contents of my ear vacuumed out as the infection was so bad and other treatment was having no effect. Horrific. Hideous.