Friday, April 17, 2009

Life goes on, while my blog just SUCKS IT!!

My poor poor blog.. I hardly have time for it anymore.. between the new house and the kids, and the new house.. ugh.. I barely have time to breath.. or so it seems..
Today I painted the cabinets in my kitchen island- black. They look amazing. That was a teensy weensy part of my day. Before that, I had the plumber back, someone who is quickly becoming a fixture in my new house.. He did some caulking and has hopefully fixed a leak that we have had since day one. Thankfully this was included in the huge bill we got from him last week.. My fears of having to insist that the work he did today would have to be part of what he did the last time he was here were put to rest when I said "gee, we found some rot in some of the logs outside on the house and now are paying for that to be fixed, is this going to be part of what wasn't fixed last time?" To which he replied "Oh, of course, I own a log cabin too, and they ain't cheap" Yes, we are now in a dying breed of log cabin owners, and how lucky are we to have found a plumber who lives in one too!!
This past week has had it's up's and downs.. the weather has been amazing! Today it was over 70! The rest of the week was beautiful too, and I actually have a tan! yay me! well, my face is tan, while the rest of me is it's regular pasty white..
I had a parent/teacher conference on the phone with my 8 year olds teacher today.. in between melt downs that the girls were having. I had tried to get in to see her personally, but life has been too hectic for that, so we had to settle for a phone call. I was still thrilled to hear from her, and learn that he is indeed a genius. Not that she came out and said that, but she did tell me that when they are doing writing in class, she often shares examples of his work with the other students as a model of what they should be doing. We also talked about his reading, and his comprehension. For Easter he got a book called "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" He read the whole book that day. His little brother was sure that he had beaten some sort of world record! She said when she met him at the beginning of the year, that she knew he was a diamond in the rough, and now, he is shining!
I would like to take credit for that. But I can't. This is his doing, and his doing alone. Any genius that boy has, he has created himself. I would like to think that I have provided him with his sensitive nature, and his willingness to adapt. But I'm not sure I can even take credit for that. I was so proud of him.. and that wasn't even all she said! I could go on and on..
Last night we went to Home Depot, to get some stuff for my kitchen project.. When we got back to the car, my husband thought we were missing a kid.. I said "oh, good, is it the whiny one?" Yea, he wasn't missing at all, in fact he was listening to the entire conversation and cried a good few minutes while I apologized the entire time. Sometimes I can be such a douche!
He's going to his first kindergarten birthday tomorrow.. it's his "best friend" (this week anyway) He's so excited about it! I've told him, that I'm dropping him off, then I'm picking him up. I will NOT be hanging out.. he seems ok with it.. we'll see!
Ok, I gotta get to bed.. the girls are fast asleep (in my bed.. yea, the whole crying it out thing didn't last.. twin number 1 puked all over the place, and now I've adopted the attitude that this won't last forever.. ugh.. I'm such a putz..) Nighty nights..

No comments: