Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Lily's.. My Spaz.. My Nerd, and the bobsie twins..

I found in my new yard, what appears to be lily of the valley (my favorite plant). Which only convinces me more that we are where we are supposed to be.. in this new house of ours.
Everything is working out so well.. We have met all of our neighbor's, who have been so nice in welcoming us to the neighborhood.

My kids are loving our yard, and our paved driveway.. Earlier this week we got my 5 year old an early birthday present. A new bike. I'm sure we'll have a trip to the E.R. in our near future as he's driven it into the mailbox twice, into the loser cruiser more times than I can count, and off the driveway into our drainage ditch multiple times. And this is WITH training wheels! There's a reason his nickname is Spaz!

My oldest son has completed 2 more books in as many days. While his brother is outside trying not to ride his new wheels into something, he's in the house with his nose in a book. We went to Lowe's the other day, and an elderly couple chuckled as I firmly told him (again) that there was no reading in the parking lot! How many kids walk along a parking lot, totally engrossed in a book? As much as I love his enthusiasm with reading, there is a time and a place, right?

And what can I say about my girls?? Besides the fact that they are totally independent, and complete clingy to me at the same time. It's exhausting. They have become quite the little fashionista's. They produce more laundry than the rest of the family put together. I would say they go through 5 outfits a day, each. Not that they get them dirty (or very dirty) But they change constantly. One has to be in a dress, all the time. The other one prefers pants. When it was really hot earlier this week, they both wore dresses, but they insist on wearing socks. Pulled all the way up. Yea, this was a cute look. I came home from a meeting on Monday and my husband had them in matching pink Patriots sweatsuits. They looked ridiculous. But they loved them and as much as I begged, they would not change. It wouldn't have been so bad if only one of them was wearing it, but when they match.. ugh.. nothing like drawing attention to a really ugly outfit, twice!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

We need pictures of your fashionistas! Maybe you should ask for a very nice, reasonably priced, high quality camera as a mother's day gift??

McPolack said...

We do need pictures! Yes, please! Who bought them the outfits? My friend H's sister bought her daughter a pink plastic Barbie pony with purple hair, much to H's chagrin. H likes wooden toys.