Monday, February 11, 2008

Accidents..

I avoided a messy situation with my 4 year old today. We were in the drop off line at school, and he frantically says he has to pee. I beg him to wait a couple of minutes til his teacher gets him out of the car, but I can tell by the sound of his voice that there will be no waiting. So rather than let him piss his pants, which would have been our only other option, I get him out of his carseat, pull down all the snow gear, and made him whiz off the side of the loser cruiser into the snowbank. I thought he would be a bit more modest, as there were about 20 cars in line with us, but he didn't blink.
Boys are so lucky that way, being able to just whip it out and go. I guess that's why I wanted to be a boy when I was his age, and made everyone call me Erik (I did, really!) Anyway, my girls and I had our 3 hours minus the 4 year old and head back to school to pick him up. You can imagine my surprise when I see his teacher approaching my car with the familiar plastic bag. The bag that you only get when your kid has pissed his pants! ugh. How? How did he have an accident? But that's ok. Of course I didn't make a big deal about it.. I don't want to traumatize the poor kid. He simply told me that he had to go again, but it was too late by the time he got to the bathroom. No big deal..

No comments: