Monday, July 14, 2008

At least there's less laundry for me to do!

My husband brought the kids to visit me at work last week. I guess it's typical for a guy not to worry about how the kids look, although my sister once said it was funny because most guys (or at least our husbands) wouldn't leave the house wearing anything they put our children into.

I know he's busy, and I know he's getting a slice of my life this summer, but when my girls showed up to visit me, and meet some of my co-workers for the first time, I was only slightly mortified with one of them still in her night gown (at 4:30 p.m.) with her diaper practically sagging to her knees, and the other one wearing one filthy outfit on top of another. My youngest son was wearing a shoe on one foot, and a sock on the other- with no shoe (because of the cut he had gotten from camping) and my oldest son was still wearing the same outfit from the day before, not that anyone else besides me would have known, but they looked like a bunch of homeless children, at least to me they did. It was the first time all summer that I felt guilty for working.

Such is life though.. It's not like they're unhappy.. they're probably happier that I'm not there nagging them to put clean clothes on! I have made sure since then to get them dressed before I leave.. live and learn I guess..

No comments: