Sunday, July 06, 2008

Camping Highlights..

There's just too much to write about this weekend, so I thought I would give you all the condensed version of the family trip..

-The weather was beautiful.. not a drop of rain fell from the sky.. I couldn't help but be a little bitter about the crap weather we had just last weekend for the girls only camp out.

-My sister saw a bear, while pushing her babies in the stroller. Kind of creepy..

-My youngest son sliced the bottom of his pinkie toe wide open on our 2nd day there.. while sliding.. He's fine, but he did spend the majority of Saturday in a stroller, refusing to walk..

-Blogless and her family were with us, and she totally saved the day by using her newly registered nursing techniques to clean up my son's foot, and change the bandage regularly. He wouldn't let me near it.. I guess being a mom doesn't quite carry the same credentials as being an RN (at least that's what he learned!) :)

-My youngest daughter woke up Saturday morning with a fever. That could have been worse. She was still easily distracted by all the kids there to play with. She's got a ton of mosquito bites, so naturally my husband thinks it's EEE... and naturally, I don't.

-Speaking of kids, there were 13 in our group, to 11 adults. Not too bad a ratio!

-My husband is a sucky driver. And I'm an even worse passenger. Let's just say that I spent most of our ride home today looking back at the kids, choosing to talk to them rather than fight with him.

-It's not as awkward taking a crap in the morning with all your girlfriends, as it is with your sister in laws.. I'm not sure why..

Anyway, that pretty much wraps it up.. there was of course lots of eating, and drinking, and lots of packing and unpacking, but it was really fun, despite the horror of my son's bloody foot and the fever, and even the bear. I'm hoping to get back there at least once more before the summers done..

3 comments:

Leigh said...

:( sorry to hear about E's foot! that is great that Blogless could offer such professional help though! EEK on the bear! Where was it? near the campsites? OMG, I think I would have crapped myself.

Heidi said...

why is a bear scary? i would've worried more about other campers.

Anonymous said...

let me know when we are going again! and you shoulda seen the wt at the new site.