Sunday, July 13, 2008

Super Pooper Sunday..

We spent our Sunday evening at my husbands soccer game. I was surprised when he suggested that we go with him, but I agreed to go, if we could go to dinner first. We made of the mistake (or I should say my husband made the mistake) of letting the boys choose where we would eat. We ate at Wendy's. Yum. But the cheapskate was more than happy not to shell out more for any ambiance, or wait staff.
The game was held at a field that had a huge playground. We watched the first half of the game, and spent the second half at the playground. The girls loved it. We have a slide here at the house, which they refuse to go down. I had looked away for a moment and turned around to see my daughter going down the biggest slide there, and it was one of those curvy ones. It wasn't as nerve wracking seeing her come down, as it was seeing her climb back up it.
Anyway, the highlight of the entire night had to be when my 5 year old had to poop. And when this kid has to poop, he HAS to poop. There was a port a potty about 100 yards away, but I had just seen one of the players going in, and hadn't seen him come out yet. I didn't want to go to it anyway, port a potty's are just gross, and I would have had to bring all my kids to it. Luckily, we were the only ones at the playground, so I grabbed an empty ziploc bag from my car, some napkins from Wendy's, and made him squat. I'm still amazed at the low lights of parenting that I encounter. The repulsive things I have done as a mother, because I've had no choice. His aim was incredible, and it all just went into the bag. And even more lucky for me was the fact that there was a garbage can near by. Thank god I didn't have to transport that home with us!
So, that was my Sunday, in a nut shell.. I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. My girls are still adjusting to me leaving for more than my usual couple of hours. One of them especially. She's turned to screeching very loudly, and hitting, a lot! I have some sort of bruise on my eyelid (of all places) from where she slapped me earlier. I don't think hitting your kids is right, for any reason, but when she landed one perfectly on my face today, it was all I could not to give it right back to her.. More low lights.. but anyway, I'm off to bed as all the fresh air I got today is taking it's toll on me!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

oh god, low lights indeed!!! Very impressive on the ziploc - both for the idea of it, and the aim! Even better, just zip it shut - no odor! ;)

christhadasister said...

you're like the MacGyver of parenting... I never would have thought of that!