Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Cheap Outting in NH

This afternoon, at roughly 3:30, I suggested to my husband that we take the kids to the beach. A place where we both pretty much hate. I hate the sand, the ocean water (salt in my hair does nothing for it!) and again, the SAND!

But surprisingly, he agreed. I was in shock! Really. It was when he asked me if this would be the girls first trip to the beach, and besides a trip we took there when they were 4 weeks old and I almost dropped one, that he was sold on the idea. Our babies going to the beach....

So, living only 10 minutes from the beach (I know, you people must think that because I live so close I would be there all the time. But we have a short coast here in NH. The water is frigid, and the people are, well, gross.)

Anyhoo, I couldn't believe how much fun the kids had, and the babies! It was like they had never seen sand before (and yes, we do have a sandbox) But they just dug.. and dug.. it was really cute. My boys, who just last year were cowering at the sea gulls, lay in the sand and let the water wash over them! It was, in this mother's opinion, a HUGE step.

So here are a few pics from the day..

4 comments:

McPolack said...

Too cute!

I myself don't really like the beach...it's mostly the sun I can't take. It makes me sick. Swimming in the ocean also frightens me. But I love the sea, if that makes any sense. We went to Wallis Sands a lot when I was growing up and when I wasn't sleeping behind my mom's beach chair I was climbing on the rocks and looking in tidal pools. That I like. And I know what you mean about the people...when I was little we went to the WS to get away from the sorts who went to Hampton Beach...yecccchhhh.

Heidi said...

Lee Farm Day is coming up August 9th. another cheap and fun outing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am impressed...I know how hard it is to bring just one infant to the beach. He woke up from his nap, we fed him, dressed him in his swim trunks, got the cooler packed, put him in the car. By the time we got there it was time for his next nap and he had a complete meltdown! But, you have given hope to two beach lovin' parents. Good times are ahead!
Mrs. Rants

Unknown said...

We went to North Beach, just to avoid all that grossness on Hampton Beach.. Lee Farm day sounds good, although if there are animals there (and it sounds like there would be) my kids would probably shit their pants, but I'll have to check that out! And Mrs. Rants, there was a family there with an infant in a pack and play, and a huge umbrella! The baby just hung out in it, I thought that was a great idea!