Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Moral Dilemma (that is, if I had any..)

No, of course I have morals.. there's many things that I wouldn't do because of my morals. This is one I've been struggling with the past few days. Ctale's wedding is this weekend. I told my husband months ago that I was going to have to buy a new dress, and shoes. Of course he said I didn't need to buy any clothes and to just find something in my closet. This is truly sad, but the only dress I have in my closet, is my wedding dress.. I don't think ctale would be so cool with me showing up to her wedding in a white gown.
So, ignoring his ridiculous request that I not spend any of the money we don't already have, I went out Saturday dress shopping with the babies (who in fact were so well behaved, I couldn't believe it. Shopping with 2 almost 2 year olds does not sound fun, but it actually was!) Anyway, I found 2 dresses that I really liked. So, I bought them both. My husband was so psyched!!
Here is where my dilemma, of moral and other origins begin. I love both of the dresses. I'll obviously only wear one to the wedding. The one I'm leaning towards, is something that would be far too dressy to wear any other time, and the other one I could totally wear again.. My dilemma is that I've decided to wear the fancier dress to the wedding, hide the tags, and return it. I know how terrible that sounds, but I really like the other one. In fact, the tags are still on that as well, but I wore it to work yesterday. I guess I could still return them both.. I'm a shit. I'm going to wear the fancy one, get a stain on it, so that I'll have to keep it, and tear off the tags of the other one, so that will be mine as well. Wow, I guess I just solved my dilemma! Sort of.. blogging can be so therapeutic! hah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have your answer....92 F'in degrees predicted for saturday....you are going to sweat through that puppy in two seconds....so that dress will be yours, tags or no tags.

I'm just sayin' :)

xoxoxo
Ctale

P.S. But personally I think I'm worth the fancy dress...and my whole wedding is paid for with money I don't have so join the club!

Anonymous said...

oh and my soon to be husband just made a good point....you are going to be dancing too! if I'm dancing...you are dancing! that means more sweat my dear :)

Leigh said...

oh yeah, that thing will be soaked by the end of the night.
You wouldn't be the first woman to return a dress w/the tags on it still. Do you have a steamer? You could steam it really good to get any smells out before returning it.

McPolack said...

I wouldn't wear a dress and then return it, because what if you end up being the person who buys a dress someone else already wore? It's icky. I also think it's wrong.

But I don't think you are a bad person, xianfern!

Ballard Greener said...

I did that with a shirt from nordstroms once....the shirt totally had disgusting ring around the collar...the sales girls says did you wear this? I said no. She gives me this look like Huh? She then asked me again....are you sure you didn't wear this? Nope I said....which was kinda stupid because at the time nordstrom had a policy to take anything back....Hey the shirt had french cuffs...what the hell right did I have even buying that thing?

Heidi said...

which dress did you wear and which one did you return?

Unknown said...

I wore the fancy one, and returned the one I could have worn over and over.. only because my husband said I looked a bit "frumpy".. yea, nice.