Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Memories.. and whatever else Bab's sang in this song..

We're heading out to go camping on Friday.. it's been insanely stressful, and chaotic for me with all the shit I have to do to get ready for it.. We all went out after work tonight to get groceries. This was probably not ideal, as my 5 year old was exhausted enough, and spent most of the time at the store whining about how he needed new shoes because the new ones he has were still giving him blisters.. but we moved forward and got most of everything we needed..
I keep thinking about how these memories are going to be with them forever. The ones where we go camping, and have family time together. This weekend is going to be so much different than my last weekend of camping. Obviously. There isn't going to be the luxury of getting to sleep in til 8 (yes, 8 was the latest I could sleep) and there won't be the luxury of going pee, alone, whenever I want. It's going to be a lot of work, but well worth it for what I hope my kids take with them into adulthood. The memories of hanging out with their cousins, making s'mores by the fire, running around with their glow bracelets (which I have to get more of because I decided last weekend would be a good time to break them out- yea, I was the only one having fun with those!) And just being a kid.. and loving every minute of it! Wish me luck.. I know I'm going to need it!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thank you for this post.