Sunday, October 19, 2008

More on the birthday..

Last night, my sisters and I took my mom out to dinner at the Holy Grail in Epping. It was pretty good, despite the hour wait.. we got a waitress that my twin and I knew from our days in Newmarket. The owner used to work with my husband, teaching social studies. And his wife, who was the hostess, was an o.b. nurse that helped deliver 3 out of my 4 children, and all of my sister's kids.. It was like being at home really, except that we were in different positions!
The best part was giving my mom her birthday cards. I gave her mine first.. just a card, something I had picked up 10 minutes prior to our get together.. A very nice, sweet card about what a great mom she is, and how much I loved her.. yada yada.. this was followed by my twin sister giving her the card she had gotten, earlier in the day, at a different store. It was the same exact card. There are thousands of cards out there. Thousands. Yet we picked the same exact one. It has to be more than a twin thing.. pretty funny if you ask me!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

that is pretty crazy that you guys picked the same card!

Mrs. Samanthacat said...

That must have been the best birthday presant your mom got..hope the "girls" had a great Saturday nite out! Wish "Oma" a happy Birthday from the Samantha Cat's! C & D