Friday, February 27, 2009

Packing.. or Crying..

I'll be doing one or the other next Thursday.. The buyers of our house have to meet their deadline after the inspections and decide if they are going to move forward and actually purchase our house. They had their home inspection here on Wednesday, with a brand new inspector. He saw some things the other inspector did not see (nothing major) and didn't see some a couple of things the other inspector saw, like the bowed wall in our addition built by my husband. yay for a new set of eyes, that apparently don't see as well!!
Today they came by and did the appraisal. We decided we didn't want to know what the appraisal came in at, even though we weren't sure if the buyers would tell us anyway. We know that we are bending over, but so are the people we are buying our new house from. Our hopes are that they are going to see what the appraisal is, and know they are getting a great deal, and the final inspection (the septic) will mean little because they will have instant equity. That's my hope anyway.
I'm not getting much sleep these days. This morning I woke up at 5, and wondered if we're doing the right thing.. we're going to be taking on a more expensive mortgage, but we are also going to be moving out of a condo, on a busy street, to a single family home with more than one shower, in a great neighborhood.. I really have to keep telling myself that.. we are 6 people LIVING IN A CONDO!! And as nice as it is.. it's still a condo, and we are all growing out of it, pretty quick.
This has been years in the making too.. if this works out, it will be what is meant to be.. This house we are buying, was the first one we looked at, and what made us decide to put our house on the market.. It's in the same school district, which is HUGE! And we know people in the neighborhood already, which will make the "bus transition" for the boys much easier.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that next week, when all is said and done, and we know a tiny bit more about the future of our family, I will in fact be freaking out because I have to pack an entire house, full of shit, instead of bawling about another house lost.. wish me luck, okay?? :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

here's to freaking out!