Sunday, March 01, 2009

Rocking out with their Daddy..

Yesterday my husband and his band played a benefit show at an indoor rock climbing place. It was a family event, so I brought all the kids to see their dad do what he does while they are usually sleeping. It was great to see my boys so excited to hear their dad's music. With each new song, my oldest son would yell to me, while covering his ears, that he's heard his dad practice this a million times. It was really cute. I sat in the back of the room, with both girls on my lap, pinching the shit out of my hands, while their dad played.. The boys were running wildly after the first couple of songs.. they are after all kids, and their attention span did not mature just because their dad was playing in a band..
I must mention, again, that this was an indoor rock climbing facility. And while there was a band playing, and a guy there making balloon animals, there were still rock climbers there.. As I sat in the back of the room, on the floor, I had to be vigilant, as there were literally kids falling from the sky! Or the ceiling.. whatever.. it was mildly annoying (to say the least) but only my oldest got clobbered from a falling kid.. jeesh. All in all it was fun.. I'm glad that the kids got to see their daddy rocking it out..

No comments: