Friday, March 06, 2009

She is certainly not helping me pack!

I've been trying to pack up almost 7 years of ours lives, with 4 kids.. It ain't easy. The hardest part, at least for me tonight, is sorting through things that make me reflect, in turn which make me very sad. I've been working in my kitchen, where I found a casserole dish that used to belong to my grandmother. I never use this dish, and the only reason I keep it was because on the bottom, in her handwriting is her name. Inside this dish, I had forgotten that I put one of the many remembrance cards I had saved from her funeral in it, along with her picture case from her wallet.. and my first pair of baby shoes, which had my initials on the bottom, again in her handwriting.
I miss her. everyday.
I know she is walking with me.. but damn, I have a lot to do, and I would just like it if she would stop interrupting my packing efforts! jeesh..

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

That's a sweet post. But really, since she's walking with you, tell her to pack up some shit! :)