Thursday, March 05, 2009

Distractions..

I can't blame this one on facebook! My sister in law and pregnant niece stopped by for a visit today. I hadn't seen them in quite some time, and despite my verbal pleas, I still managed to fail to get outside to get my 5 year old off the bus.
By the time I got to the door, after realizing what time it was, it was just heading down the street. My efforts to flag it down went unnoticed. A couple minutes later I got the call from the school, and ended my visit short to go pick him up.
The entire way, I was fearing the worst. I haven't been this nervous probably since my adolescence. I expected to find my son, a heaped over mess on the bus, in shock that his mother had not been outside waiting for him, too flustered with tears to be able to even talk to me.. Naturally, the opposite was the case, and thank god, some other parent had a "miscommunication" as well, so he wasn't the only kid on the bus being sent back to school. Ugh.. I swear, if this happens again I am going to turn myself in to child and family services, because clearly, I am not fit to be responsible for anything living! jeesh..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who's the pregnant niece?