Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'll never move again!

Who knew it was going to be almost impossible, and very costly to insure an authentic log cabin? Certainly not me. And who also knew that an appraisal would take over a week to get back. Not me again.. And who knew we would miss our financing deadline and stand to lose over 4 grand? Definitely not me.
It has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life, and it's only Tuesday. I've been on the phone with all different sorts trying to get everything ready for our big move next Sunday, and the closing on Monday. Yesterday I dropped too much money and had a dumpster delivered because we have too much shit that I refuse to move with us. I also found out that my youngest son's bus will not drop him off in front of our new house, but 2 doors down, even though they will pass my house after he's dropped off. Apparently they don't have the 2 minutes it would take to save me a trip up the street dragging 5 kids with me. I've got to get in a really bitchy mood and call and complain. I'm well on my way, believe me!
We had our new house appraised last Monday, and still don't have it back. This is making the sellers, as well as ourselves, very annoyed. And as far as insuring it, that could be very difficult. But I'm working on it..
This time next week, I'll either be unpacking at our new house, or a rental which we might be forced to do.. I can't imagine it's going to go down like that, but it's possible. It's not all terrible though. My husband attended the school budget meeting over the weekend, and it looks as though his job is going to be spared. Thank god for that. Ok, I gotta go and make more calls, do more packing and see what else I can do to make this happen.. ugh..

1 comment:

Heidi said...

why is a log cabin so much to insure? is it because of all the wood and fire hazard????